Monday, January 24, 2005

The Force is strong in me

So as you all know, I am an avid Star Wars Galaxies player. I have been playing the game for over 2 years now, which is pretty incredible when you consider the sheer lack of deep content this game has. However, I have finally managed to become "force sensitive". For those that don't know what this means...simply put, I can now work on becomming a jedi. It's a pain and a half but it can be done.

You will also notice I have placed google ads on my site. What I want to do is give any revenue to the host of this server. I have had this account for the last 12 years and I am grateful for it. Any revenue gained through the google ads is going straight to the owner of the server. It helps me by having a personal space on the web, and it will help the owner offset bandwidth costs.

In other news, I just saw Brian Regan last night at Cobb's Comedy Club in San Francisco and it was amazing. His opener was Clinton Jackson who was really very funny, and you could tell he really loved being up on stage. I have to say the MC (as usual for comedy clubs) was sub-par...self referenced as either "the Greatest American Hero" or "Shaggy" from Scooby Doo...he was loud, annoying and pretty unfunny. He started the night by insulting the town I live in (and then not really giving any reasons for it...even funny ones). And he continued to be self-deprecating and obnoxious throughout his act...I will just say he has a lot to learn if he is going to be a comic for a living.

Brian Regan was top notch as usual, with his quirky, funny observations about people and places. He also gave a really nice touching homage to Johnny Carson who passed away this weekend. Johnny gave Brian his first television appearance and the story he related to us was funny and endearing. I hope you all have a chance to see his show in person, his CD is amazing, but his manerisms just don't come across...it's a performance not to be missed.

This weekend I am going to my first Supercross race ever. It's going to be a redneck fest and I am going to love every minute of it. I'll tell you all about it after next weekend. Hope you are all doing well, ciao.

-J

No comments: